Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm just friggin bored...though I should be in bed but I'm pissed

Hey people it's me. The wonderful and beautiful Mademoiselle. I figured I would post my first blog before I went to bed. Although I should probably be in bed now. It's been such a long week and it's only Wednesday (well technically Thursday but you know what I mean). Here's what happened:

So we talked my gram into upgrading her dial-up to Verizon DSL. So we recieve the modem and things she needs to install it. Easy you say...THINK AGAIN! My grams computer had been acting up for awhile but we didn't think it would interfere with her installing the DSL. I mean shit we used her comp for awhile (while it was having problems) using Broadband and it worked fine. Ok so back to the problem, I install everything, I get to the final step...AND IT WON"T CONNECT! So I call Verizon cause they should be able to fix this problem in no time and she'll be up and running...WRONG! I was on the phone for about an hour with Verizon trying to fix the problem. They finally tell me I need to call Dell. So I do. So I call them and they have me do all kinds of things to the computer. After an hour and a half the guy tells me he is going to send me some disks to wipe out the computer and reinstall everything. Which is a good thing, it almost makes the computer run like it's brand new. So they send the disks and tell me that everything should be fine.

So my gram gets the disks on Monday. I wasn't able to install them so I told her I would come up Tuesday. So I take the baby up there Tuesday so my gram can spend some time with her and my mom can have some quiet time. So anyway I get up there and the baby was kinda fussy but I figured she was just tired and my gram could get her to sleep. I had some things I needed to get off her computer before we totally wiped it clean so I did all that first, which by the way, took FOREVER!! So after I finish that upI call Dell AGAIN to help me wipe everything out and reinstall this. So the guy gets it all wiped clean but tells me I need these things called Drivers for the computer. Since my grams computer was made in 2003 they don't make them anymore you have to go online and download them. Now by this time my daughter is downstairs screaming like my gram is beating her or something. So I tell the guy I have to download these things at my house I'll finish all of it tomorrow. So my mom had come up to get the baby from my gram cause she was sooooo fussy. By the time I got home she was in a good mood, she was getting her bath, and all I had to do was get her dressed for bed and put her down. Sounds easy right?? NOT! She slept for 20 mintutes and decided it was time to get up and play. So she didn't go to bed until after 10 sometime.

So today we get up so my mom can go to her Dr. appt. We left the house around 10:30 this morning and didn't get home until close to 5. We went to her Dr. then went to get her picture taken for her new photo ID, then she had to go get her eyes checked. Needless to say I was tired when I got home, BUT, I promised my gram I would finish that stuff on her computer. So I go to the site they told me I could get these driver's off of, it comes up and theres 75 items to choose from on this list. You would have thought the guy would have told me WHICH drivers to download and install...WRONG! So I had to call Dell for the THIRD time. So he tells me what I need and I go up to my grams. So finish installing everything on her computer. Then I install the drivers the Dell guy had me download, then all her programs. So I finish that and I go to restart the computer (cause you know some programs don't finish installing or their changes don't go into effect until you restart the computer) which is normal. After the main screen loads I get this error talking about putting the reinstallation disk BACK IN and repairing something. So I do what it tells me and it doesn't work. So I figured..."Well we'll just wipe it clean again and just start over. Reinstalling the Windows XP took longer than anything". Again I was wrong, now I can't get the goddamn computer to do ANYTHING except load the main screen where it says Dell. So now guess who I have to call tomorrow.....you guessed it DELL!! So hopefully they can fix this stupid thing before I throw it out the window.

Hope you all enjoyed my first blog. I know I did cause it made me feel just a bit better.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Nice blog. Welcome to the club! Ah computers, the wave of the future! Glad to see Survivor on your TV shows list, but no "Big Brother"?